What Makes us stand out
Try our calculator to help plan for retirement
This calculator is specific for a defined contribution plan in which the employer and or employee make contributions on a regular basis to the employee's fund commencing from the date an employee joins the Pension Scheme to retirement age.
The calculator illustrates the following option at retirement:
- One-third of your fund value taken as a lump sum cash payment (Legislation allows you to take up to a third of your fund as a cash lump sum).
- The remainder two-thirds of your fund value is used to purchase an annuity from an approved insurance company.
All amounts shown are pre-tax.
The calculations assume that:
- Employee and employer contributions continue to be paid until retirement age.
- Contributions will increase in line with the salary growth assumption
between now and your selected retirement age. You can adjust the salary
growth by using the drop-down box to see how it affects your fund value at retirement age.
Net Investment Return
This is the assumed return you will get on your pension savings each year, due to growth in the funds you are invested in. The net investment return assumes expenses have been deducted and will depend on the performance of the invested funds between your current age and retirement age. Therefore, the net investment return may be higher or lower than anticipated.You can adjust this by using the drop-down box and see how it will affect your fund value at retirement age.
Annual Salary Growth
Gross earnings are assumed to increase each year at the annual salary growth rate. The calculator allows for a range of options from 0% per year to 8% per year.
An annuity is an insurance policy that provides you with a guaranteed income for the rest of your life.There are many types of annuities available and it is important that you select the right one for you. You should also do you research on which annuity is suitable for you because annuity prices can vary significantly between providers.
Fund value at Retirement
The fund value at retirement age is the expected amount that you are likely to receive at retirement or at the age that the income is due to commence.
The calculations, results, options and assumptions provided by the calculator are based on our understanding of the current regulations. You should be aware that regulations could change between now and retirement.
- This calculator is for illustration purposes only and contains general information that we hope will help you determine solutions for your unique needs. These results are based on the accuracy and completeness of the data you have entered and are for informational purposes only and should not be relied on for advice.
- The strategies, information and technical content are provided for your general guidance, based on information we believe to be accurate, but we cannot guarantee its accuracy or completeness. This calculator is not intended as nor does it constitute financial, tax or legal advice. You should consult your own lawyer, accountant or other professional when planning to implement a strategy. This will ensure that your own circumstances have been considered properly and that action is taken on the latest available information. Interest rates, market conditions, tax rules and other investment factors are subject to change.
- RCL makes no warranties, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained herein. RCL shall not be liable for any losses or damages arising from any errors or omissions in such information or results, or any advice or decision made by you in reliance on any information or results.
- This calculator has been created by RCL. For further information about the calculator please contact us on [email protected].
- This calculator is the intellectual property of RCL and any distribution of it will be in violation of the copyright laws.